Below are a few things to keep in mind as you proceed with finalizing your selection of a child care provider or program:
Finalizing Your Child Care Selection
- You can ask the providers for parent names and contact information so that you can talk to other parents and ask them about their experiences and level of satisfaction with the provider.
- Contact Community Care Licensing (844-538-866) to learn about the provider’s licensing record.
- Schedule a follow-up visit if necessary to enroll and fill out the necessary paperwork.
- Be clear about the provider’s financial expectations, policies, contract, closures, etc.
- Keep the provider’s contact information with you at all times and make sure they have yours as well.
- Arrange back-up care for when your child is sick or when the provider or program is closed.
- Prepare your child for their first day in child care. Explain what’s going to happen and ensure them you will be back. Be positive and upbeat and assure your child they will be well cared for. Create a goodbye routine.