Child Care Referral
Child Care Referral is a free service accessible to any parent searching for child care, regardless of income. Our child care information specialists are trained in child development and early childhood education, knowledgeable about child care licensing requirements, and can offer expert support and guidance to parents as they search for and select child care.
Our specialists can offer you support in selecting child care that’s right for you and your child. They provide guidance on how to evaluate the quality of a provider or program. They will also help you consider the needs of your child, how to develop a long-term child care plan, and assist you in developing and maintaining a good relationship with your selected child care provider.
Request your referral consultation or call to talk to a child care information specialist.
Selecting Child Care
There are a number of things to consider when choosing care for your child. How soon you need it; what you can afford to pay; how the provider interacts with clients and the children they care for; the experience you want for your child. This can be an overwhelming task, especially if you need care immediately. Following these Steps to Selecting Care will help ensure that you select a provider that is the best fit for your family.
Child Care Options
Choosing care for your child is one of the hardest decisions you will make as a parent. When making choices about child care, it is important to fully understand your options. You can learn more from My Child Care Options or, for more direct support call to speak to a child care information specialist today.
Oliver’s Law states that a parent has the right to get information about any substantiated or inconclusive complaints about a child care provider that they are considering. This information is public and can be obtained by calling the State licensing office (844-538-8766) or visiting the CCLD website. Additionally, parents have the right to review licensing reports and substantiated complaints pertaining to the child care facility at the facility site.
Search For Providers in Your Area!
Search Mariposa County
Search Tuolumne County
ICES operates on a non-discriminatory basis and gives equal treatment and access to services without regard to race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or medical condition.
- ICES staff does not endorse, rate, evaluate, or recommend programs or providers.
- Information about any particular caregiver/provider is provided solely by that provider and is not substantiated by ICES.
- Child care decisions are the responsibility of parents.
- The providers in the child care referral data-base are not employees of ICES; they are self-employed business owners or independent contractors. Inclusion in this database does not imply or create an employer/employee relationship between any provider and ICES.
- Prior to making a final decision about a child care provider, ICES encourages parents to carefully interview and visit providers.